We are excited to offer field trips at the farm this year! Scroll down to read more about our summer programming!
If you have questions or would like to book your summer field trip or workshop, call or email Kim Conway at (704)324-1309 or email@example.com.
You can also fill out the Summer Tour Request Form to start the booking process!
Summer Field Trips
Our summer field trips are designed to educate preschool and elementary school-aged children about farming and the environment in a natural setting.
Our tours cover NC and SC Educational Standards in Healthful Living, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies.
- Generally begins around 10:00 am and runs no later than 12:30 pm.
- $10.00/child, one free adult per 10 children (additional adults will be charged at the child rate).
- Discounts are available for larger groups: the rate drops to $9.00/child for groups of >50 students and to $8.00/child for groups of >100 students.
- The summer tours run approximately 1.5-2 hrs total and include:
- Short customized educational talk on one of the topics below:
- Farmers-in-Training: Students will learn about post-season activities on the farm, preparations for the upcoming growing season, composting, and may have the opportunity to pull up strawberry plants to examine the roots, soil layers, and irrigation lines. The water games are a huge hit, if you can handle messy, muddy students!
- Pioneers: Students will learn about the pioneers and experience typical pioneer activities. A large focus of this talk is on how pioneers obtained their food. Demonstrations on wheat grinding, bread making and a group activity are part of this eye-opening program.
- Bee Buzziness: Students will learn about the different types of bees, bee social structure, importance of bees to farming and nature in general, and safely view active honeybees with the use of an observation hive.
- Group activity related to the talk (some popular activities include pulling up plants, water games, a paint-based “pollination” activity, and making butter)
- Group hayride
- A small slushie from our concession barn
- Access to playground and picnic patch